Friday, November 5, 2010

51 Speed Twin winter project.

After sorting out most of the issues with the BSA thunderbolt, I decided it was time to get into the 51 Speed Twin. The ugly seat had to go, so I ordered a vintage 60's era Bates Style solo seat and a repop pillion pad. I need to get the fender stays for the rear before that goes together. The front wheel was in bas shape, so I pulled that off and polished the rim before adding a new Dunlop k70 (3.5x19). The forks bottom out, so I dismantled them and found some pretty skanky fork oil inside. Waiting on some parts, but I'm trying to decide if I want to keep the 19" front wheel or go 21 with an Avon Speedmaster and drop the forks a couple of inches similar to the Salt Ghost. I need to play around with this for a bit.




No comments:

Post a Comment