Tuesday, March 22, 2011

BSA stripped of non b33 parts and carefully examined

The rougher looking of the two bikes turns out to have the better motor and frame. Once I removed the Harley rear mudguard and the honda front mudguard, I the bike started to look less of a mess and more of a classic. I swapped the ape hangers for a set of triumph bars - not correct but more inspiring while I wheel it around to work on. The motor still has compression, and theres still oil in the tank so it turns over pretty nicely. I just need to figure out the wiring of the alternator contact breaker set up so I can see if she'll start. Wouldn't that be a change - A running motorcycle!


Looks better already!
Wiring nightmare. 

3 comments:

  1. HAHAHAH! When they run it's a miracle. Just rebuilt a 78 Honda 550 and was surprised when it fired up. Of course, it ran just as terrible as when I started, but the carbs will get dialed in and life will be good.

    Brady
    Behind Bars - Motorcycles and Life
    http://www.behindbarsmotorcycle.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I’m still waiting for some interesting thoughts from your side in your next post thanks.
    pad lock

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know, I've been really busy as of late. This bike actually has been moving along quite nicely. Im just cleaning her up and getting her running for now before I do the inevitable restoration. It took me a while to track down all the missing pieces. (still need the correct speedo for the nacelle).

    ReplyDelete